What To Do During Puppy Fear Period
If the dog is out of control, it is all the more critical that you stay relaxed.
What to do during puppy fear period. She will have to exit eventually on her own. This may include things like being approached by a stranger, interacting with another dog who is not so polite (just one reason why you should probably keep your pup away from the dog park), hearing loud noises like fireworks , or experiencing other scary situations. During this time, puppies and young dogs may show skittish behaviors towards familiar stimuli and act as if they’re seeing them for the first time, or they may manifest a reluctance to approach new things (neophobia, fear of new things).
In short, this means that, if something deeply frightens your puppy during this time, they can develop a specific phobia of that object or situation in adulthood. The best thing that you can do when you encounter your pup struggling with a fear period is to not react at all to the cause of the fear. For example, during the second fear period (four to six months), it is common for puppies to start barking at the trash can if it’s moved to a new place.
Do not overdose your puppy with scary loud noises and exposures during his fear periods. Try to avoid frightening the puppy during this time, since traumatic experiences can have an effect during this period. Fear should be handled with patience and kindness.
Dogs often pass through the puppy fear stages without any necessary care, however, a pet parent’s response to an adolescent dog’s fear can help prevent lasting behavioral issues. This is when puppies would learn under the guidance of their mom, which stimuli are threatening and non. The things that cause a fear are not always rational.
It is important to be upbeat and excited about new things and encourage your puppy to feel the same way. The picnic table is one example. It was in the newfoundland puppy’s environment all the time but in a fear period he became aware of it and decided it was scary.
Firstly, do not panic or react dramatically when a puppy exhibits fearful behavior. As the name implies, this time shall pass, but dog owners. 1 to 4 years maturity period:
- Akc German Shepherd Puppies For Sale In Texas
- Akc Lab Puppies Ohio
- Airedale Puppies For Sale In Nc
- Akc Lab Puppies For Sale In Texas
- Advocate For Cats Side Effects
- Akc Maltese Puppies For Sale In Texas
- All About Animals For Kids
- All About Cats Las Vegas
- Alaskan Malamute Puppies For Sale Uk
- Akc German Shepherd Puppies For Sale In Oklahoma
- Alaskan Malamute Puppies For Sale In Ohio
- All Black German Shepherd Puppies For Sale In Oklahoma
- Alaskan Malamute Puppies For Sale In Texas
- Akc Golden Retriever Puppies Tennessee
- All Animals In The World A Z
- Alaskan Malamute Puppies For Sale In Michigan
- All About Cats For Kids
- All About Animals Auburn Hills
- Akc Doberman Puppies Florida
- All Animals In Minecraft That You Can Breed